Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cold Weather Adaptation

The next couple of weeks are predicted to be too cold for epoxy to set in my unheated shop.  I am into a series of little dabs here and there, and it would be so handy to keep working a few hours at a time.

Here is my solution.

Today, I took the epoxy from the nice, warm house, out to the shop where I mixed up a few batches with lots of structural filler.  I filled the gaps between the wire stitches on the outside of the hull.



I bent all the wire stitches to stand straight up.


Then I parked a heater beneath the boat.



And covered everything with a tarp!


I have a thermometer under the boat and will check the temperature in a few hours.  I love doing these projects that encourage creative thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment